Thursday, May 31, 2012

Well, it's been two months since I updated... been busy!  However, I make sure I'm never too busy to spend time with the birds... just haven't taken time out to BLOG.  <%

The birds are all doing fine.  We haven't been hitting the training too hard, but we do manage to run through everything they know at least every-other-day. 

Lucy, the CAG, manages to get herself confused between "wow" and "hello" on command.   She is refusing nice cashew pieces, and only seems to light up for the whole raw cashews I have in the refrigerator my own consumption.  Spoiled bird!

Gracie is a Timneh and about 12 years old.  She's been talking a little more and managed to whistle out a decent rendition of "76 Trombones..."  Well, part of it, you understand.  Gracie seems anxious to do stuff for treats.  I love a hungry student.

Bobby, the boy Timneh, is still phobic and shaky.  I get him through the training, but half the time he drops the treat because he's so nervous.  ):  I wish he'd mellow out.

Coco, the LS Cockatoo, has been pretty good... not too much screaming and readily responds to training commands IF he's in the mood.  If he isn't in the mood, he continues to shred his cardboard box and ignores me... hoping I'll just dump some seeds into his cup.

All 4 birds have foraging treat wheels now and when I fill them (about every 3rd day), you can hear the plastic rattle for hours as they fish out the goodies.

Coco's flight feathers are clipped in the photo.  He loves to go outside, so we take him out.  We have a stand he can sit on when husband is out there on the deck and a wee aluminum cage for when he can be out with us, but we aren't as close.

That's about it.  Summer's here!  The kids are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment